As men get older, they might find themselves making more frequent trips to the bathroom during the night. While this is common with advancing age, it is advisable to visit your doctor to rule out any other possible reason for this. Prostate health is a rising concern among American men. Awareness and proactive measures to maintain prostate health should be seriously considered. An aging prostate could be the reason for those frequent nocturnal visits to the bathroom. In fact, statistics show that more than 50 percent of men in their 60s experience frequent nighttime urination associated with prostate health.
These types of interruptions can take its toll on one's life. Proactive measures for supporting prostate health include diet modification, regular exercise and nutritional therapy through prostate supplements. Thousands of men have found prostate supplements containing pure beta sitosterol very effective in supporting healthy urinary flow and prostate functions.
The Importance of Getting a Good Night's Sleep
Poor prostate health and its associated complications are common among men over 40 and the tell-tale sign is the need to go frequently, especially during the night. Disturbances in sleeping patterns can affect your overall health. Insufficient sleep may lead to an awry metabolism and weight gain is often the result. Weight gain, especially after 40, may have other adverse affects on health. Improper metabolism may also lead to weaker immune health as the body has not had proper rest during the night to sufficiently rejuvenate and recoup itself. The body becomes weak and may become prone to sickness and fatigue. Along with a regular nutritional support through superior-quality prostate supplements, you may be able to avoid unnecessary trips to the bathroom.
Tips to Avoid Frequent Urination in the Night
- Avoid drinking beverages after 6 p.m.. You should, however, get at least 8 glasses of water during the day.
- Avoid caffeine and alcoholic beverages.
- Low level intake of sodium is best to avoid fluid retention in the body.
- Avoid the use of decongestants and antihistamines, as far as possible. If you have blood pressure and your doctor has prescribed diuretics, ask your doctor about alternative medication. Diuretics thin the blood and increases frequency in urination, possibly aggravating the situation.
- Research supports moderate exercise to strengthen uro-genital muscles. The use of Kegel exercises has been noted to have benefits for supporting healthy urinary flow and functions.
Prostate supplement that contain a broad spectrum of vitamins, minerals and at least 300 mg of pure beta sitosterol are known to play a major role in supporting prostate health. Scientific research has provided strong evidence for the use of beta sitosterol, a natural nutrient derived from plants, believed to inhibit prostate growth, support healthy urinary flow and prostate functions. This breakthrough in research has already been widely accepted by doctors and patients in Europe for the past twenty years. Beta sitosterol nutritionally supports healthy prostate functions.