Lavish the rich pesto flavor of this saucy chicken and pasta dish. -
- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil, stirring occasionally, until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in remaining ingredients except fettuccine; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot and tomatoes are soft. Serve over fettuccine.