This is a tasty dish if you are in the mood for a meaty meal. It's also great as a dinner dish on it's own.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup low-fat beef broth
- 6 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- On medium heat brown beef in a nonstick skillet for 2-3 minutes. Once done, drain and set aside beef.
- Mix onion and garlic, and add to skillet. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Blend beef, onion, and barbecue sauce in a casserole dish.
- In another bowl, whisk flour and beef froth, and pour over beef mix.
- Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.