Very delectable dish that you can serve together with your fave Asian veggies!
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced (about a tablespoon)
- 1 lime, juice of (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillet (or other thin mild fish)
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, lime juice, ginger and red pepper flakes in a wide, shallow baking pan that will hold all of the fish in a single layer. Stir briefly to dissolve the sugar. Add the tilapia, then turn it over so that it's coated all over with the marinade.
- Set aside for 20 min or so. Heat the broiler to high, and move the oven rack to position closest to heat. Slide the pan into the oven, and broil the fish for 5 minute Keep the oven door ajar so the broiler element stays lit. Turn the pan around (back to front), and broil for 5 more minute.
- If the juices in the pan appear to burn, add a little water to the dry spot to prevent burning. The fish should be opaque and flaky. Spoon the sauce over the fish when serving