Great looking and tasty way to present tomatoes!
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, snipped
- In a bowl, gently combine the tomatoes and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper; shake well. Pour over tomato mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with basil. Serve at room temperature with a slotted spoon.