Chicken, bell pepper, and onion kabobs brushed with a garlic Italian marinade and served with wheat couscous with cilantro and green onions.
- 4 boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium bell pepper, 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 medium onion, 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 box wheat couscous, roasted garlic and olive oil flavor
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-6 wooden pre-soaked wooden skewers
- non calorie spray for pan
- 1.) Mix apple cider vinegar, honey, lite soy sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning, and cumin together and set aside.
- 2) Take a grill pan or large skillet and turn on medium heat on stove top, lightly spray with non-calorie spray.
- 3) Take skewers and alternate chicken, onion and bell pepper until all ingredients are used.
- 4.) Brush skewers with marinade.
- 5.) In medium sauce pan prepare wheat couscous as directed on box until it starts to boil.
- 6.) Add skewers to grill pan and brush with marinade. Let cook for 4- 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked brushing with marinade every few minutes until marinade is gone.
- 7.) When water is boiling add couscous, cilantro, green onion, and garlic powder, cover and remove from heat.
- 8.) Serve 1 cup couscous mix with 1 or 2 skewers.