A good combination of the traditional potato and bean salad!Truly exquisite!
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound wax beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Cook beans in boiling water 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until tender; drain. Return potatoes to pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar to pan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle beans with vinegar mixture; toss well to coat. Place beans on a serving platter; arrange potatoes over beans. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, parsley, and bacon. Serve at room temperature.