Delicious pasta dish!
- 1 9-ounce package fettuccine
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package, but don't add salt to the water.
- Three minutes before the pasta is supposed to be done, add the green peas to the pot. When the pasta is done cooking, drain and reserve 3/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the bacon in a large saucepan on medium-high heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and discard all except 2 teaspoons of drippings. Add onion to the pan and saute for 3 minutes in the leftover drippings. Add garlic and thyme, and cook another minute.
- Stir in pasta and peas, reserved cooking liquid, and half-and-half. Cook 2 minutes.
- Crumble bacon on top of pasta and toss with cheese.