A tasty appetizer or great as the main dish.
- 6 (6 inch) whole wheat pita breads
- 1 (6 ounce) tub sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread tomato pesto onto one side of each pita bread. Place the pitas pesto side up on a baking sheet. Top with tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Finish by drizzling with olive oil and seasoning with pepper.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven or until pita breads are crisp. Cut into quarters and serve.