Sweet bite-sized appetizers with caramelized onions and salty Parmesan cheese that are very tempting but low in fat and calories!
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 48 (1-inch) pieces fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Spread mixture in a single layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine egg substitute, 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, pepper, and eggs. Pour egg mixture evenly over onion; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; cut into 24 pieces. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon sour cream and 2 chive pieces