A sumptuous snack that kids will truly love. -
- 1 box (18.25 oz) chocolate cake mix
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2/3 cup evaporated skimmed or low fat milk
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup evaporated skimmed or low fat milk
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan with a sheet of foil (wrap excess up and around the outer edges of the pan).
- Coat bottom and sides of foil-lined pan with canola cooking spray.
- Add cake mix, canola, 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, and 2/3 cup evaporated milk to mixing bowl and beat on medium-low speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape sides and stir in nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake in center of oven for about 18-22 minutes or until center holds its shape but is still moist and slightly fudgy (test the center with a fork to be sure--do not over cook).
- Remove from oven and begin making frosting. Add 2 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup, cocoa and vanilla to small mixing bowl and beat on low until blended. Add powdered sugar and 1/4 cup of milk and beat on low until smooth.
- Stir in the marshmallows and spread evenly on slightly warm brownies.
- Let cool.
- Cut into 24 squares once it cools completely.