A sure hit low-fat, low-calorie hummus to go with your chips!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slices jarred jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon liquid from the jar of jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the garbanzo beans, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, jalapeno, and juice from the jalapeno jar. Season with black pepper, cayenne, cumin and oregano.
- Mix using the whisk attachment on low speed until the ingredients start to blend, then turn the speed to medium, and blend to your desired consistency. Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to blend.
- Make sure your container is sealed well, or your fridge will smell like garlic!