An answer to chocolate craving but with the benefits.
- 2-1/2 cups skim milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup malted-milk powder
- 3-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup pasteurized liquid egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Put milk, sugar, dry milk, malted-milk powder and chocolate in a blender and blend until fairly smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan.
- Put over medium heat and whisk constantly until it simmers then remove from the heat.
- Place the egg whites into a large bowl and add the milk mixture.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla and salt.
- Refrigerate until cool.