A different twist for your a scallop dish!
- 1/2 cup minced shallots (about 2 shallots)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated satsuma orange rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh satsuma orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 satsuma oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Cooking spray
- 18 large sea scallops (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 2 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- Satsuma orange wedges (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; stir well with a whisk. Add the satsuma orange sections. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes or until browned. Turn scallops over. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook 2 minutes or until done.
- Place 1/3 cup watercress on each of 6 plates. Arrange 3 scallops on each serving; top each serving with 2 tablespoons salsa. Garnish with orange wedges, if desired