An easy to prepare chicken treat marinated in a thick mustard and dill sauce. -
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Egg Beaters® Original
- 3 tablespoons Gulden's® Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Fresh dill weed sprigs, optional
- Combine sugar, flour, dill weed and salt in small saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with wire whisk until well blended. Add vinegar, Egg Beaters and mustard; mix well. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes, or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- Cut chicken breast halves into four strips, about 3/4-inch wide each. Arrange chicken in single layer in shallow baking dish. Pour 3/4 cup of the dill sauce over chicken; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to marinate. Cover and refrigerate remaining dill sauce.
- Preheat oven broiler. Spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray. Drain chicken; discard marinade. Place chicken on prepared broiler pan. Broil, 6 to 8 inches from heat, 10 minutes, or until chicken strips are no longer pink in centers, turning and brushing frequently with 1/4 cup of the reserved sauce.
- Place chicken on serving plate; top with the remaining dill sauce. Garnish with dill weed sprigs, if desired.