Socially radical appetizer perfect for dinner parties!
- 10 red, yellow, and/or orange miniature sweet peppers (6 to 8 ounces total)
- 1 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, rosemary, tarragon, or thyme, or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried oregano, rosemary, tarragon, or thyme, crushed
- Finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Milk (optional)
- Fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- Halve each sweet pepper lengthwise. Remove the seeds; set peppers aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, the chopped or dried herb, lemon juice, and the 1 tablespoon milk. Stir in additional milk, if needed to reach piping consistency.
- Pipe or spoon cream cheese mixture into pepper halves. Sprinkle cream cheese mixture with lemon peel. If desired, garnish with oregano leaves.