Snowy and deliciously sweet! Great for special gatherings and for gifts...
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon aniseed, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Beat 3/4 cup sugar, butter, and oil with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add flour mixture and aniseed; beat at low speed until blended. Chill 30 minutes. Shape dough into 32 (2-inch) logs; bend logs to form crescent shape. Arrange 16 crescents 1 inch apart on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 14 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from oven; cool on pan 3 minutes. Repeat procedure with remaining 16 crescents.
- Sift remaining 1/2 cup sugar into a medium bowl; toss warm cookie