Great flavor without less the calorie and fat!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dried figs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/3 cup "measures-like-sugar" calorie-free sweetener
- 1 3/4 cups quick-cooking oats, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Combine figs and flour in a medium bowl; toss lightly to coat.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add fig mixture, coconut, margarine, and sweetener to pan, stirring well. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring often. Add oats and vanilla, stirring until oats are moistened.
- Press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill thoroughly. Cut into bars.
- Microwave Instructions: Place 1/2 cup water in a 1-cup liquid measure. Microwave at HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until water boils; pour water over fig mixture. Add coconut, margarine, and sweetener to fig mixture, stirring well. Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring after every minute. Add oats and vanilla, stirring until oats are moistened. Proceed with recipe as directed.