A quick and healthy pasta meal, boasting Italian-style excellence.
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked bow-tie pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets, washed
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, washed
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Crumble ground turkey into a skillet.
- Brown over medium high heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add red pepper strips and paprika: cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and pasta to the skillet.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- With adult help, remove the lid and arrange broccoli and cauliflower over the pasta.
- Replace lid and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the savory topping.
- Pull leaves from parsley stems and combine with bread crumbs and grated cheese; toss.
- Sprinkle savory topping over vegetables in skillet.
- Let sit for 3 minutes before serving.