Get amazed with this soothing low-fat beverage!
- 1 cup low-fat lemon yogurt, without gum additives or stabilizers
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt, without gum additives or stabilizers
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon, removed in wide strips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 fresh mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 small cantaloupe, 1 to 1 1/2 pounds, halved and seeded
- 1 small honeydew melon, 1/2 to 1 pound, halved and seeded
- Set a fine- or medium-mesh sieve lined with a paper coffee filter over a bowl. Without stirring the yogurts, gently spoon both of them into the sieve. Place in the refrigerator to drain for 8 hours or overnight. Discard the liquid in the bowl, and spoon the yogurt cheese in the sieve into a container with a tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, lemon juice and zest, sugar, and the 4 mint leaves. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and let stand for 30 minutes. Scoop the mint and lemon zest out of the mixture with a slotted spoon. Return the mixture to a boil over high heat. Boil until the liquid is reduced to 1 tablespoon, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the syrup to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk the cream cheese and chilled lemon-mint syrup into the yogurt cheese.
- Cut the rind off the cantaloupe and honeydew melons and cut the flesh into chunks. Set aside a 1-inch cube of each melon. In a blender or food processor, combine the remaining melon pieces and puree until smooth. Add the yogurt cheese mixture to the food processor and pulse a few times to blend.
- Cut each reserved melon cube into 6 pieces. To serve, divide the fruit mixture evenly among small ramekins or champagne flutes. Garnish with 1 piece of each kind of melon and mint leaves.