This recipe is just too simple to make for all the colors and flavors the dish brings to the table. When the Earth offers a surplus amount of fresh tomatoes outside your door, here's one way to make magic with them.
- 4 oz. cherry tomatoes(optional; not heirloom)
- 4 oz. black cherry heirloom tomatoes
- 4 oz. red pear heirloom tomatoes
- 4 oz. yellow lollipop heirlooms tomatoes
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella, mini balls
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tlsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tlsp. olive oil
- 1.Either pick ripened tomatoes from your garden and clean or get them store bought and clean.
- 2.In a large bowl combine tomatoes, cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- 3.Drizzle in balsamic vinegar and olive oil and toss gently to coat evenly.
- 4.Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for 1 to 3 days at the most.