Rancho Cucamonga Personal Trainer Tips
Here is the list:
- Always eat breakfast! Skipping breakfast sends the message to your body that you're starving. As a protective mechanism, your metabolism slows down. Food, especially complex carbohydrates (fruits, grains), fuels your metabolism. Like cheerios and an apple.
- Eat earlier in the day! Research has demonstrated that you can lose weight simply by eating a substantial breakfast and lunch, and a light dinner. A snack (something low in fat and carbohydrates, low fat cottage cheese) should be eaten as the last meal, preferably a few hours before bedtime.
- Never eat less than 1200 calories per day! Less than 1200 will slow your metabolism.
- Snack frequently(try to get three snacks per day) ! Try to think of it as a tinny meal to fuel your metabolism. Also, with snacking try to balance it with a little higher protein ratio prevents you from becoming too hungry. The hungrier you are the less control you have over what and how much you eat.
- Eat more carbohydrates (food from plants), and less fat (food from many animals and other food with added fat)! Carbohydrates boost your metabolism and have fewer calories per weight than fat.
- Do some types of aerobic exercise (walking, jogging, and swimming, stationary cycling, aerobic dancing, etc.) on a daily basis! Forget this twice-a-week stuff. Our bodies were designed to be active on a daily basis! Staying active helps your mind stay alert, a body in motion tends to stay in motion.
- In addition to your regular aerobic exercise, take a brisk walk, do some jumping jacks, or stretching whenever possible. This serves to boost your metabolism even more!
- Resistance training three days a week to tone muscle, help keep bone density up, strengthen tendons, and ligaments. Toned muscles send your metabolism through the roof.
- Drink 60+ ounces of water a day. Your metabolism needs plenty water to function properly. Carry a bottle of water with you and drink frequently throughout the day.
- Try to stay away from processed food. That means fast food or package food.
Fitness and life style run together. To get started on a truly successful path it is good to have a professional help to set a guide on the proper ways to achieve your goals.