The benefits of fish oil are innumerable. The first discovery of this came through study conducted on the Greenland Inuit tribe. Perplexed as to why this group of people enjoyed robust heart health in spite of a high fat fish diet, scientists probed further to discover that the fat in fish, called omega-3 fatty acids, actually supports heart health. Since then fish oil has received high accolades in the nutritional healthcare industry.
What about you? If you haven't considered the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids, here's an opportunity for you to reconsider the facts and discover how fish oil may help benefit long-term health.
Benefits of a Fish Oil Supplement
- A daily fish oil supplement supports cardiovascular and arterial health. Fish oil helps to regulate healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Fish oil helps to support joint health.
- Fish oil supports and promotes immune health.
- Fish oil supports mental health and well being. Research shows that it boosts brain power and may even help to uplift moods.
- Fish oil supports the eye and skin health.
- Fish oil supports the healthy growth of hair, bones and nails.
- Research shows that fish oil is necessary for the development of the brain and bone structure in pre-natal health.
- Fish oil is also known to relieve pre-menstrual stress (PMS) in women.
Concerned over Impurities in Fish and Fish Oil Supplements?
Although fish oil has been touted as a health-giving supplement over and over again, many people are concerned about consuming fresh fish due to the presence of impurities like mercury, lead and other PCBs in fresh fish and fish oil supplements.
The Environmental Defense Fund recommends a limit on the consumption of certain types of fish because they can contain higher levels of mercury and other PCBs. With such restrictions, consumers are often confused about which type of fish to eat. Wild caught Alaskan Salmon or sardines are the safest to eat but again, consumption should be limited to twice a week.
Safest Fish Oil Supplement
There are concerns about impurities in fish oil supplements as well. How can you choose the safest fish oil supplement? In times past, consumers had no choice but to gulp down an obnoxious-tasting crude form of fish oil. But today's generation is lucky. With all the technological advances in research and science we have easy access to superior quality fish oil supplements. Pharmaceutical grade fish oil supplements, like Triple Strength Omega 3, contain fish oil that is molecularly distilled. This process removes impurities and contaminants providing us with fish oil that is of the purest quality and high in omega-3 potency. Triple Strength Omega-3 fish oil supplements have an enteric-coating that help avoid fishy after burps commonly experienced with regular fish oil supplements.
Concerns over impurities in fish or fish oil supplements should not stop you from getting the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids to health. For the safest way to get a regular dose of omega 3 fatty acids, choose a quality, pharmaceutical grade fish oil supplement.