Nutrition Journal: Your goals will be easier to attain and surpass if you add this important tool to your program. You will be amazed at how disproportioned ones intake of protein, carbohydrates, and other nutrients are in comparison to what truly promotes body transformation.
The RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) assessment estimates the number of calories required for daily living and how many calories should be eaten each day. This information is then used to create a nutrition plan. In combination with a strength and conditioning program you will be able to maximize your body fat reduction or lean muscle gain.
- RMR will decrease with the loss of lean muscle and with an increase of lean muscle mass.
- Decreasing caloric intake alone will not increase your RMR.
- Avoid the cycle of regaining body fat by implementing a complete training program.
Recovery and Regeneration: Post workout strategies to optimize the body's natural ability to process excess post oxygen consumption and the specific adaptation on imposed demands. In other words, use strategies that are conducive to body fat loss and increase lean muscle mass.
After reviewing your daily nutrition journal and calculating your resting metabolic rate you can review the following:
- Specific and safe daily caloric recommendation- including how many grams of each nutrient is needed to meet your goals.
- When is the best time to eat protein, carbohydrates and other nutrients; including how to select nutrient dense foods.
- Healthy snacks and information on the benefits of increasing dark leafy vegetables (especially those high in iron), and a list of negative calorie foods.
- How to limit white flour and processed sugar intake and explain the negative effects it has on our body.
- How to meet your good fat daily intake and protein with foods like Omega-3's, fish oils, salmon, tuna, and other seafood. Take note that canned salmon is high in calcium because of how it is processed (including the bones) and is the only canned seafood that is.
- How to read the labels correctly.
- Drink at least one 16oz glass of water with each meal and keep the nutrition journal handy for easy reference.
- Most importantly, how to reserve calories for a treat! This is good for the soul. Finding samples of lists of foods that promote cardiovascular, nervous and digestive system efficiency (for the liver, intestines, kidneys, and heart).
Yogurt, Banana, Pear, Peach Grapes, Orange, Berries, Watermelon, Raisins, Carrots, Celery, Broccoli, Granola, Salmon, Tuna, Soy, Beans, Mushroom, Garlic, Artichokes, Beets, Honey, Tomatoes, Red Peppers, 100% Whole wheat, Oatmeal Pure Bran Muffins, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes, Broth-based Vegetable Soup, Skim and low-fat milk, Soy Milk, and Rice Milk.
Finally, without a structured balanced nutrition program we can barely be meeting the body's transformation requirements to see any results. Nutrition in combination with a strength and conditioning program is the most effective way to turn your body into a fat burning machine. It is the most productive form of exercise for functional daily life activities and overall health.
Remember, there should be no secrets when training with a personal trainer. So, make sure that they give you 110% in all aspects of your training program.
Julio A. Salado, AFAA & NASM* C.P.T
Fitness Foundry designed for healthy living.©
Certified Personal Trainer
Assess, Initiate, Motivate