Yummy piccata-inspired recipe without the trouble. Thinly butterflying the chicken breast saves you time. No need to add salt for the capers have enough sodium to flavor this savory dish.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (butterflied open)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, defatted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted almonds
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- Lightly brown the chicken on both sides.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 10mins or till chicken is done but not overcooked.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with almonds