A marvelous mix of flavors makes this dish an instant favorite!
- 50 g fine green beans
- 125 g lean cooked ham
- 1 pear
- 350 g mixed colored pasta shapes
- 75 g 25% reduced-fat mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 100 g peeled fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped pickled gherkin, or to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar, or to taste
- juice of 1/4 lemon, or to taste
- pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 120 g mixed salad greens, such as arugula, watercress or baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (optional)
- Dice the ham. Top and tail the green beans. Peel, core and dice the pear.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the package instructions (until al dente).
- Drain and rinse the pasta in cold water, then drain again.
- Cook the beans in boiling water for about 3 minutes or until bright green and just tender, but still crisp. Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain again. Set aside.
- Combine the cooked pasta with the Cheddar cheese, ham, pear, pineapple, onion, mayonnaise, yogurt, gherkin and sugar. Mix together well. If desired, adjust the flavor of the dressing with lemon juice, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Dress the mixed salad greens with the sunflower oil, the balsamic vinegar and a squeeze of lemon juice. Divide the dressed leaves among 4 plates and top with the fruity pasta salad.
- Arrange the green beans, walnuts and dried cranberries around the salad and serve immediately.