An Indian fave that is very low in fat!
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled baking potato
- 4 cups Indian puffed rice
- 1 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled ripe mango
- 1/4 cup sev (fine Indian noodles)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons tamarind-date chutney
- 1 tablespoon mint chutney
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded serrano chile (about 1 chile)
- Place potato in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 8 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool.
- Combine potato and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Serve immediately.