An amazing twist to have your grilled fish!
- 1 (20-oz) sliced pineapple in juice, drained, reserving juice
- 3/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 2 Tbl lime juice
- 2 Tbl water
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbl cornstarch
- 2 Tbl minced cilantro
- 1/2 tsp minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 Tbl Equal™ Spoonful or 3 packs Equal sweetener
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 6 halibut, haddock or salmon steaks or fillets (about 4-oz each), grilled
- Cut pineapple slices into .5-inch pieces.
- Combine pineapple, pineapple juice, lime juice and garlic in medium saucepan.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch; stir into boiling mixture.
- Boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cilantro and jalapeno pepper.
- Stir in Equal ™; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon warm sauce over grilled fish.