These pancakes are great to get your fiber intake and your Omega-3's. You can also freeze them for later and pop them in the toaster for a quick snack!
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Mix in a large bowl buttermilk, oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, flax, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk dry ingredients with wet ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Preheat non-stick fry pan to medium heat.
- Use 4 spoonfuls of batter per pancake and spoon onto frying pan.
- When finished place on wax paper to cool.
- When fully cooled, stack pancakes with wax paper in between and place in a freezer bag. Put in freezer for later meals.
- When serving remove pancake from the freezer and put in toaster on the darkest setting.