For people on the go.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 1/2-inch slices eggplant
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 8 thin slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- 4 thin slices red onion
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Put the mayonnaise and basil in a bowl and mix.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant using 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Grill the eggplant for about 6 minutes.
- Turn the eggplant and put cheese on top.
- Continue grilling until the eggplant is tender and the cheese has melted.
- Next, use the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and brush each side of the bread.
- Put the bread on the grill and toast both sides.
- Spread the mayonnaise and basil on 4 slices of bread.
- Put the eggplant and cheese on the bread.
- Top with red peppers and onion.
- Put the remaining slices at the topmost part.
- Cut in half and serve.