Delectable way to have your veggies especially when topped with parmesan cheese!
- 2 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts with loose outer leaves removed, cut in half (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 1/2 cups yellow squash or zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 large tomato (or 2 small), diced
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Put brussels sprouts, squash, and a couple tablespoons of water in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on "high" until vegetables are lightly cooked.
- Drain well.
- Add oil and garlic to large nonstick frying pan or skillet and heat over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the brussels sprouts, squash, and tomato.
- Sauté for a few minutes, or until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and serve.