This is the ideal summer self serve snack. With the taste of some herbs and the refreshing mint and melon.
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 pound piece red or yellow seedless watermelon with rind
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Curry powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Line a small sieve with a coffee filter. Put the yogurt in it, set it over a bowl, and refrigerate 2 hours. Discard the expressed liquid and put yogurt in a small serving bowl.
- Trim the rind off the watermelon and cut the fruit into pieces a couple inches long and about 1/2-inch square. Arrange on a platter with the limes. Put the mint, curry, and cayenne, in 3 small bowls.
- Squeeze lime on the watermelon. Dip melon into the yogurt, then into a little curry and as much cayenne as you like and finish with the mint. Nibble on.