A fantastic, refreshing soup that is healthy, low calorie and loaded with nutrition! I got this from my trainer and love this recipe, especially on a hot summer day!
- 1 chopped cucumber
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- ½ seeded chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 quartered vine-ripened tomatoe
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cilantro (Optional)
- Avocado (Optional)
- Chop and/or mince all vegetables.
- Reserve ½ cup of the cucumber for garnish.
- Place the remaining cucumber and all ingredients except for salt/pepper and olive oil in a food processor.
- Blend ingredients until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill one hour.
- Ladle into serving bowls.
- Garnish with remaining cucumber and cilantro.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Optionally add sliced avocado.