For that Tuscan experience with a hint of rosemary.-
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 10 sun-dried tomato halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Madeira or port
- Olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- In a small saucepan cover sun-dried tomatoes with chicken broth and Madeira.
- Bring to boiling and remove from heat.
- Let stand about 10 mintues to plump tomatoes.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush chops with a little oil and brown on each side.
- Remove chops from skillet.
- Add shallot and garlic to skillet; cook over low heat until tender but not brown.
- Stir in tomatoes with the liquid and chopped rosemary.
- Return chops to the skillet.
- Cover tightly and cook over low heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until chops are just done.
- Remove chops to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Combine water and cornstarch; add to skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Top the chops with tomato mixture and garnish with rosemary sprig.