This is a quick and easy healthy low-fat recipe that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 8-ounce bunches spinach, trimmed
- 8 eggs, separated (yolks kept whole, if possible)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat using a Dutch oven,
- Add the sausage and cook with stirring for 3 minutes or until brown,
- Turn the sausage and add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more,
- Add the broth, beans, and tomatoes and their juices,
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer.
- Fold each Kale leaf lengthwise and remove the stem. Tear each leaf in large pieces,
- Add the kale to the pan and stir occasionally for 2-3 minutes or until wilted,
- Remove from heat,
- Season with salt and pepper and spoon into individual bowls,
- Serve with bread (optional).