A classic Greek dish that is very low in fat and caloroies!
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups thinly sliced leek (about 3 medium)
- 4 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Place rice in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add leek; cover and cook 12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan; add leek to rice. Coat pan with cooking spray; increase heat to medium. Add zucchini; cook 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan; add zucchini to rice. Add egg substitute and next 5 ingredients (through eggs) to rice mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour egg mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until golden brown and set.