A healthy soup to start a meal. -
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp celery, finely diced
- 2 tbsp onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp green pepper, finely diced
- 10 oz. frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup raw potatoes, peeled, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cup milk
- Heat oil in medium saucepan.
- Add celery, onion, and green pepper, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook covered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place 1/2 cup of milk in jar with tight fitting lid.
- Add flour and shake vigorously.
- Gradually add milk-flour mixture to cooked vegetables.
- Add remaining milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil and thickens.
- Serve garnished with chopped, fresh parsley.