Crumbly dessert and a good source of Potassium!
- 8 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat (whole-meal) flour
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons trans-free margarine, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange peach slices in the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and brown sugar. With your fingers, crumble the margarine into the flour-sugar mixture. Add the oats and stir to mix evenly. Sprinkle the flour mixture on top of the peaches.
- Bake until peaches are soft and the topping is browned, about 30 minutes. Cut into 8 even slices and serve warm