An extremely popular zero fat and low calorie guacamole recipe from from the cookbook Canyon Ranch Cooking: Bringing the Spa Home, by Canyon Ranch, Inc. and Jeanne Jones in 1998.
- 2 cups (approximately 1 pound) chopped lightly steamed asparagus*
- 2 1/4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic garlic, pressed or minced
- Dash Tabasco sauce
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the guacamole to a bowl. Cover tightly and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
- Makes 3 cups, or 12 (1/4-cup) servings
- *If you're using frozen asparagus spears, it is not necessary to steam them (just thaw them to room temperature).