This is a great lunch wrap when you want to just get away from it all. I love the taste of the chicken flavored rice and shrimp along with the hot sauce and mustard! I came up with this recipe while on vacation in Daytona Beach. I loved the way they made the shrimp and thought that wrapping it up in a leaf of lettuce would make for a great picnic wrap.
- 3 Cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 pound cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp
- (Slice lg. shrimp in half lengthwise)
- 1 Cup sliced celery
- ½ Cup sliced green onions
- ½ Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ Teaspoon cream style prepared horseradish
- ½ Teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 Teaspoon hot sauce
- Prepare rice cooked in chicken broth.
- Combine rice, shrimp, and celery and green onions in large mixing bowl.
- Blend mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice, horseradish, mustard, and hot sauce. Add to rice mixture.
- Toss and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture of shrimp and rice onto large lettuce leaf and fold the bottom of the wrap first then roll across. Hold like a burrito and enjoy!