Kale a member of the cabbage family is a good source of protein and iron and the jalapeño pepper adds a nice kick!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced red bell pepper (about 2 medium)
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeño pepper (about 1 small)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 14 cups chopped kale, stems removed (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add red bell pepper, jalapeño, salt, and black pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add chopped kale and broth; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Stir in garlic; increase heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.