A great way to have your rice. Feel full but less fat..
- 1 teaspoon butter, unsalted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (optional)
- 2/3 cup converted rice
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small ovenproof pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the onion and thyme, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the onions become translucent but not brown.
- Add the rice and stir to coat evenly with butter. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and corn and bring to a boil over high heat.
- As soon as the stock comes to a boil, cover the pot and place in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, and fluff with a fork.