A nutritious, quick and easy to make sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or nonalcoholic white wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley or basil
- 12 fresh or frozen and thawed jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Warm oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic. Cook 10 minutes, or just until scallions begin to turn golden.
- Add tomatoes, wine, sugar, and 1/2 cup parsley or basil. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and return to a summer. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add sauce and toss to mix.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining 1/4 cup parsley or basil.