Indulge you sweet tooth in this delightfully healthy raspberry dessert.
- 5 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 baked 9-inch pastry shell
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- For filling: In a medium saucepan, stir together 2 cups of the raspberries the 3/4 cup sugar, water, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Cool slightly.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Carefully fold 2 cups of the remaining raspberries into the chilled mixture.
- Spoon the filling into baked pastry shell.
- Cover and chill about 2 hours or until firm.
- To serve, in a chilled medium bowl, combine whipping cream and the 2 tablespoons sugar. Beat with the chilled beaters of an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Serve pie with the whipped cream and the remaining raspberries.