This low-fat, low calorie stew is easy to make AND delicious!
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 6 banana peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped okra
- cooking spray
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Put the lime juice in a large resealable plastic bag. Add in the shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Remove the seeds from 2 of the jalapeno peppers and 4 of the banana peppers. In a food processor, chop all the jalapeno peppers, all the banana peppers, onion, and okra.
- Spray a large, deep skillet with cooking spray. Place the pepper mixture in the skillet, and cook and stir 5 minutes over medium heat. Mix in the diced tomatoes and juice, tomato paste, and squash. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, until squash is tender. Season with thyme.
- Mix the shrimp into the skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil, and cook 5 minutes, until shrimp are opaque.