Brussels sprouts at its best on winter season. This low fat dish is best for family gatherings!
- 4 cups trimmed and quartered Brussels sprouts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/4 cups halved bottled chestnuts
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine sprouts and chestnuts in a large bowl. Add oil, salt, and peppers; toss well to coat. Spread in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until sprouts are tender, stirring after 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Add butter to sprout mixture, tossing until butter melts.