A delectable dish, low in cholesterol. Be sure to leave those potato skins on for added nutrients!
- 900 g tiny new potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons dry white vermouth or dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, or to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 large firm cucumber, diced
- 80 g green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- fresh dill and tarragon leaves to garnish
- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for about 10 minutes or until they are just tender. Drain and put back in pan.
- Set over low heat, stirring around for a few minutes to evaporate any excess moisture.
- Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl and leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the wine or vermouth and wine vinegar over the potatoes. Season with pepper. Turn the potatoes to mix, then leave to cool completely.
- While waiting for the potatoes to cool, in a separate small bowl mix together the garlic, mayonnaise and yogurt until smooth.
- When the potatoes are cool, add the cucumber, green onions, dill and tarragon.
- Pour on the mayonnaise and yogurt mixture, and gently stir everything together.
- Serve the potato salad at room temperature or chilled, garnished with dill and tarragon leaves.