This might be the best recipe you will ever find in this particular dish. Ingredients and procedures have been improved which resulted to a better taste.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 49 ½ ounces chicken stock
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 5 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups small pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ¼ ounce) can corn, drained
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- Sautee onion and mushroom in oil using a dutch oven.
- Add broth, carrots, potatoes, basil, oregano, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on reduced heat.
- Add corn, tomatoes, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.