This tasty side dish has a wonderful clean, fresh flavor!
- 2 pounds fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add green beans, and cook uncovered until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the beans are almost tender, drain and add to the skillet. Continue cooking the green beans in the butter until they are tender, about 2 minutes more.
- Season the beans with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Place onto a warmed serving dish, and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.