Heavenly dessert! Very low in fat but high in Vitamin C!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 sheets frozen phyllo dough (9 x14-inch rectangles), thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat four 4x2x1/2-inch rectangular tart pans that have removable bottoms with cooking spray; set aside. In a small saucepan stir together 2 tablespoons sugar, the cornstarch, and cayenne pepper. Stir in water and half of the blueberries. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Fold in remaining blueberries and the raspberries; set aside.
- In small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon. Place one sheet of phyllo on cutting board. Lightly coat with cooking spray; sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon sugar mixture. Repeat layering with remaining phyllo and sugar mixture, ending with cooking spray. With a sharp knife, cut phyllo stack in half lengthwise and crosswise, forming four rectangles. Ease rectangles into prepared tart pans.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until phyllo is golden brown. Cool slightly; remove shells from pans. Spoon filling into shells just before serving. Serve warm or cool. Makes 4 servings.